Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Stress makes us depressed, fat, sick - and we do it to ourselves

By Erin Allday of The San Francisco Chronicle:

A sensible person might argue that at 74, Connie Berto should be enjoying the quiet luxuries of retirement, like afternoon naps and baking pies. But like most Americans, Berto has picked the rush of an active, nonstop lifestyle over peace and quiet.

"I'm always on the go, go, go," said Berto, who lives in the Sleepy Hollow community in Marin County. "My husband and I have a lot of interests and volunteer work and grandchildren - 2-year-old twins that I babysit all the time. I have two horses in the backyard, and I do all the cleaning and the cooking myself."



http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/10/MNP9TQ9J8.DTL

No comments: